Why the Humanities?
Explaining the Importance of the Humanities
"Why the Humanities" is a South Dakota Humanities Council blog series explaining the importance of the humanities to our state and nation. The series features guest posts from experts in the humanities disciplines and those who have been touched by humanities programming.
Thank you to our 'Why the Humanities' Authors
We'd like to extend a sincere thank you to all of our contributors to this blog series. Thank you for helping spread the word about the importance of the humanities in South Dakota!
- Terry Woster - "Spreading Enlightenment to All Corners of the State"
- Angela Ostrander - "Humanities and Education Go Hand in Hand"
- Steve Sanford - "The Humanities is Fully Half of our Human Existence"
- Katie Hunhoff - "Don't Be Like the Goldfish"
- Joseph Tinguely - "The Maps and Tools to Find Your Way Back Home"
- Virginia Driving Hawk Sneve - "It Would Be a Disaster to End Humanities Programs"
- Jason McEntee - "We Just Might Learn What it Means to be Human"
- Ann Smith - "Do We Really Understand Just how Important Reading is to our Future?"
- Tamara St. John - "Just as in all Cultures, ALL of it Matters"
- Linda Hasselstrom - "You Can Change the World"
- Judith Meierhenry - "Connections Enhance the Human Experience"
- Kara Dirkson - "Please Inform Yourself of What is at Stake Locally"