Project Director Information
Congratulations! Your organization has received a Quick Grant or Major Grant from South Dakota Humanities Council. We want you to have a successful event, program or project. The following information and downloadable PDF documents can help.
Promotion of your project or program:
As a grantee, you're agreeing to partner in promoting your event in your local community. The following can help you simplify your local promotion and grow your book discussion.
For Quick Grants (with the $50 application fee) - Speakers Bureau/Chautauqua, Book Club to Go, and One Book South Dakota - the following documents are utilized. Specific forms containing important program information are emailed to the coordinator and scholar during processing and should be completed and returned after completion of the presentation/discussion.
For Major and Mini Grants
The following documents are associated with the grant application and award process.
- Sample grant application
- DUNS number instructions
- NEH grant guidelines
- SDHC grant guidelines (Signatures required if/when grant is awarded, document included in grant awarded packet)
You will receive a grant packet with the following documents.
- Three copies of the contract (award letter): one for the organization, one for the authorizing official, and one for SDHC (see a sample contract)
- Grant packet checklist citing these additional forms:
- 1-Grant Packet Overview
- 2-General Grant Requirements (sign and return signature page with contract)
- 3-Grant Process Checklist
- 4-Project Director Evaluation
- 5-Audience Evaluation
- 6-Independent Evaluation (not required for mini grant)
- 7-Final Financial Report
- 8-Itemized Expenditures
- 9-Voucher for Mini and Major Grants
- 10-Itemized Matching Contribution
- 11-Valuation of In-Kind Service
- 12-In Kind Contributions
- 13-Board Mailing Labels