Book Club to Go
The Best Book Club Books for Your Reading Group
The South Dakota Humanities Council offers a packaged reading program for book clubs organized by individuals, libraries, bookstores, museums, and other non-profit organizations.
For a $50 application fee, the Book Club to Go includes up to 30 copies of any title from the council's lending library and an SDHC scholar to lead a book discussion for the group. Groups can choose from more than 30 titles from the SDHC Lending Library, which includes some of the best book club books you'll find.
Any non-profit organization is eligible to apply for a Book Club to Go program.
- Select a title from the council's lending library.
- Set a date for the event.
- Contact an SDHC scholar to lead a group discussion.
- Submit an online application with the $50 application fee 4-6 weeks before the program.
- Promote your event. Thank the SDHC and NEH. Consult our promotional tips.
- Complete the evaluation form. Return the books.
- Program must be hosted in South Dakota and be open to the public.
- Any non-profit organization or book club may apply.
- Based on availability, organizations may apply for an unlimited amount of Book Club to Go programs.
For book discussions led by an SDHC scholar, the SDHC expects ...
- A minimum audience of 15 people.
- The presentation hosted at a facility with comfortable accommodations.
- The program will be approximately 45 minutes with time for Q&A.
- A good faith effort in promoting the event beyond the organization's members. The council provides tools to help groups promote their SDHC-supported events.
- Acknowledgment of the council's sponsorship.