Host A Program
Secure an SDHC scholar for your community today for just $50!
Our scholars are available to lead discussions on the current One Book, a Book Club to Go discussion on selections from the Lending Library, and a variety of Speakers Bureau programs.
As CDC guidelines change, so do we ...
Steps Everyone Can Take to Make Gatherings Safer
If you are attending a gathering, think about the steps you need to take to protect yourself and your loved ones from COVID-19.
- If you are not fully vaccinated and aged 2 or older, you should wear a mask in indoor public places.
- In general, you do not need to wear a mask in outdoor settings.
- People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken their immune system may not be fully protected even if they are fully vaccinated. They should continue to take all precautions recommended for unvaccinated people, including wearing a well-fitted mask, until advised otherwise by their healthcare provider.
- If you are fully vaccinated, to maximize protection and prevent possibly spreading COVID-19 to others, wear a mask indoors in public if you are in an area of substantial or high transmission.
- If you are fully vaccinated, see When You’ve Been Fully Vaccinated.
Please contact us at email@example.com with questions.
One Book Reading Discussion
Book Club to Go Program
Chautauqua scholar Joyce Jefferson is one of many humanities speakers available through the South Dakota Humanities Council Speakers Bureau Program, which allows communities to host a speaker-led discussion program for just $50.
Information & Forms for Successful Grantees
Successful in your application? Click below to find out what's next.