Chuck Raasch is a native South Dakotan, journalist, and author. His first book, Imperfect Union, was published in 2016. His new non-fiction, Life Painted Red, is set in Dakota Territory. Raasch was a national correspondent for USA Today, Gannett, and the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and has had bylines from 49 states and five continents. He is a graduate of South Dakota State University’s Journalism Department and was a Knight Journalism Fellow at Stanford University. Raasch lives in Alexandria, Virginia.
Featured title: Life Painted Red: The True Story of Corabelle Fellows and How Her Life on the Dakota Frontier Became a National Scandal
- Friday, Sept. 22 @ 11:00 a.m. – SDPB Live Broadcast – In the Moment with Lori Walsh – The Lodge, Cody Room
- Friday, Sept. 22 @ 3:15 p.m. – Historical Research: Sources, Successes, and Snags – The Lodge, Cody Room
- Friday, Sept. 22 @ 4:30 p.m. – Author Signing Event – The Lodge, Bullock & Roosevelt Rooms
- Saturday, Sept. 23 @ 10:15 a.m. – Life Painted Red: Scandal on the Dakota Frontier – Deadwood Public Library, Main Floor
- Saturday, Sept. 23 @ 12:45 p.m. – Author Signing Event – The Lodge, Bullock & Roosevelt Rooms
Click here to view the full Festival schedule.