J. Ryan Stradal
J. Ryan Stradal is the author of New York Times bestseller Kitchens of the Great Midwest and national bestseller The Lager Queen of Minnesota. His writing has appeared in The Wall Street Journal, The Guardian, The Rumpus, and the Los Angeles Review of Books. His debut, Kitchens of the Great Midwest, won the American Booksellers Association Indie Choice Book Award for Adult Debut Book of the Year. Born and raised in Minnesota, he now lives in California with his family.
Featured title: Saturday Night at the Lakeside Supper Club
J. RYAN’S EVENTS:
- Friday, Sept. 22 @ 11:00 a.m. – SDPB Live Broadcast – In the Moment with Lori Walsh – The Lodge, Cody Room
- Friday, Sept. 22 @ 4:30 p.m. – Author Signing Event – The Lodge, Bullock & Roosevelt Rooms
- Friday, Sept. 22 @ 6:00 p.m. – Literary Feast: Family, Food, & Fiction – TICKET REQUIRED – Martin & Mason Hotel, 1898 Ballroom
- Saturday, Sept. 23 @ 10:15 a.m. – Confluences of Influences: The People and Placed that Made Me a Writer – St. John’s Episcopal Church, Sanctuary
- Saturday, Sept. 23 @ 12:45 p.m. – Author Signing Event – The Lodge, Bullock & Roosevelt Rooms
Click here to view the full Festival schedule.