Christine Stewart-Nuñez, South Dakota’s poet laureate from 2019-2021, is the author and editor of several books, including The Poet & The Architect and South Dakota in Poems: An Anthology. Chrysopoeia: Essays of Language, Love, and Place is her debut prose collection. Her poetry has been the basis for international, cross-artistic collaborations with colleagues in music, dance, visual art, and architecture. Stewart-Nuñez teaches for the University of Manitoba’s women’s and gender studies program.
Featured Book: Chrysopoeia: Essays of Language, Love, and Place
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 3:00 p.m. – Poetry Walk: Explore the Lives & Works of South Dakota’s Poets Laureate – Brookings Post Office, Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 10:00 a.m. – Chrysopoeia: Making Meaning through Creative Nonfiction – Oscar Larson PAC, Multi-Use Rehearsal North (193A), Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 12:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 3:00 p.m. – A Reading by the Women Poets Collective – Oscar Larson PAC, Classroom 109, Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 4:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
Click here to view the full Festival schedule.