Sara Woster is a painter, illustrator, animator, and writer who shows her work around the world and recently founded The Painting School. She has illustrated several children’s books, written two middle-grade novels, and contributed personal essays to multiple anthologies. Woster holds a creative writing degree from The New School and has received a Jerome Foundation Emerging Artist Fellowship, a Franconia Sculpture Park residency, and a Brooklyn Arts Council SU-CASA residency. She lives with her family in Brooklyn.
Featured Book: Painting Can Save Your Life: How and Why We Paint
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 12:00 p.m. – SDPB Live Broadcast – In the Moment Book Club with Lori Walsh – Oscar Larson PAC, Larson Memorial Concert Hall, Brookings
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 3:30 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 11:00 a.m. – Creative Inheritance: How Art, Books & Music Impacted Generations of One South Dakota Family – Oscar Larson PAC, Multi-Use Rehearsal South (195A), Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 12:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 2:00 p.m. – Art Can Save Your Life: A Painting Class for All Levels – Brookings Art Council, Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 4:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
Click here to view the full Festival schedule.