Bruce Roseland is a fourth-generation cattleman who grew up on – and still works – a ranch in north central South Dakota. His poetry collections include The Last Buffalo (2007 Wrangler Award), A Prairie Prayer (2009 Will Rogers Medallion Award), Cowman (2019 Will Rogers Medallion Award), and 2021’s Heart of the Prairie. Roseland holds a master’s degree in sociology from the University of North Dakota and serves as South Dakota State Poetry Society president and a South Dakota Humanities Council scholar.
Featured Book: Heart of the Prairie
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 1:30 p.m. – Heart of the Prairie: Poetry & Environmental Conservation – Brookings Arts Council, Brookings
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 3:00 p.m. – Poetry Walk: Explore the Lives and Work of South Dakota’s Poets Laureate – Brookings Post Office, Brookings
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 5:00 p.m. – Meeting of the South Dakota State Poetry Society – Oscar Larson PAC, Multi-Use Rehearsal North (193A), Brookings
- Friday, Sept. 23 @ 8:30 p.m. – Open Mic – Sponsored by the South Dakota State Poetry Society – Oscar Larson PAC, Multi-Use Rehearsal South (195A), Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 12:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
Click here to view the full Festival schedule.