Christopher Vondracek is the author of Dancing with Welk: Music, Memory, and Prairie Troubadours, about his college rural indie band’s pursuit of musical glory. His 2020 poetry collection, Rattlesnake Summer, features a poem for each of South Dakota’s 66 counties. Vondracek holds degrees in journalism and literature from the University of South Dakota and an MFA in creative nonfiction from Hamline University. He covers agriculture for The Star Tribune and lives with his wife and daughter in Minneapolis.
Featured Book: Dancing with Welk
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 9:00 a.m. – Walking in Lawrence Welk’s Footsteps – Oscar Larson PAC, Multi-Use Rehearsal North (193A), Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 12:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 1:00 p.m. – Heartland River: Telling the Stories of the Big Sioux – Oscar Larson PAC, Multi-Use Rehearsal South (195A), Brookings
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 4:00 p.m. – Author Signing Event– Oscar Larson PAC, Room 140
- Saturday, Sept. 24 @ 8:30 p.m. – A Little Night Music – Wilbert Square Event Center, Brookings
Click here to view the full Festival schedule.